Staff, Tutors, Mentors
1. During the 2019-20 academic year, SWAG provided meals to 200 families through the pandemic. We partnered with Akron Public Schools, Good Samaritans, and The Salvation Army to be the transportation leg of food delivery.
2. SWAG provides a healthy, safe environment for students with a focus on building:
- Sense of belonging
- Self - efficacy
- Sense of future self
- Sense of Security
3. We are currently accepting new students.
1. Staff, mentors, and tutors work with each student, their parents, and teachers to maintain academic accountability and support.
2. SWAG tutors, mentors, and staff encourage students to practice becoming comfortable with consistently setting SMART Goals, tracking their progress, and modifying their goals if needed.
1. The SWAG Board of Directors is able to have up to 20 seats with term limits of 1, 2, and 3 years.
2. The Board of Directors meets every fourth Monday of the Month. Various committees meet at different times throughout the work week.
3. SWAG is currently interviewing for new Board Members. If you are interested in becoming a Board Member, please contact Joe Tucker at